Steggle's Turkey Sliders with Slaw and Spicy Mayo

Sunday, November 26, 2017



🦃🦃🦃

Recently I had another amazing opportunity from Social Soup to try out as well as promote Steggle's newest Turkey range. When I think of turkey, I think of American Thanksgivings. And coming from the land down under where we don't celebrate that means I've never tried turkey before in my life. So I'm very excited to present to everyone how this experience went.

Steggles has a range of different turkey products to choose from such as turkey mince, turkey rissoles, turkey breast steaks and turkey wing niblets. Each is available to purchase from Coles and the Steggles website features a range of amazing recipes that you can use to inspire your next cooking venture.

I was overwhelmed with the choices but in the end went with something that proved to be quick, easy and delicious. These are the groceries I used and below that is the recipe from steggles.com.au! I didn't follow it exactly but it is very versatile.




Turkey Sliders with Slaw and Spicy Mayo







Prep: 20 minutes

Cooking: 10 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

  • 1 x Steggles Turkey Rissoles pack (400g)
  • 2 Tblsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1/4 purple cabbage, finely shredded
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • ¼ cup parsley leves, chopped
  • 100g mayonnaise
  • 30g Sriracha sauce
  • 6 mini slider buns, halved
  • Extra mayonnaise to spread
  • Sweet Potato Fries cooked as per on-pack instructions

Method:

  1. To make the slaw, mix in half mayo, Sriracha sauce and green onion in a bowl. Add cabbages and carrot, toss to combine.
  2. In a large frying pan on medium heat, toast buns cut side down until toasted. Keep aside.
  3. In the same pan, place oil and cook turkey rissoles as per on-pack instructions. Keep warm.
  4. Spread the toasted bun with the remaining mayonnaise and assemble sliders by sandwiching the slaw and turkey patties. Serve with sweet potato fries.


I enjoyed how a few simple grocery items put together in less than 20 minutes could turn into something so tasty. In fact the first time I made this recipe was before work and because there is no preparation needed, I wasn't rushing or late. It's certainly very helpful that I also picked up prepackaged salad and you can mix and match out with what you like and don't like. I had these for lunch later that day and they were so good!

I highly recommend trying out Steggle's Turkey rissoles to make your own little sliders, and checking out the rest of the Steggle's Turkey range! Turkey is said to be nature's very own supermeat as it is super lean and packed full of good proteins and vitamins. This makes it a great and versatile alternative to other meats! If you're health conscious but not willing to compromise on taste, this is what I would go on to recommend. Happy cooking! 






Kimmiebites was invited to be apart of this project by Social Soup and Steggles. All opinions and recipes in this post are genuine, honest and highly recommended. I wouldn't post about it if I didn't like it or thought it was bad :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe