R e i g n i t i o n

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

For as long as I can remember, I've never been good at keeping up with the things I am interested in. It starts off with one excuse and then is followed by a million more and by the end I have nothing left to say except I am too tired or even too lazy. Kimmiebites has unfortunately been no exception. At times I felt so burnt out and drained that I truly felt I should just stop blogging. It was and will always continue to be extremely stressful to maintain the blog ranking and number of likes. But with the time passed during my hiatus, I can say that I'm blessed to have the most supportive family, friends and boyfriend who would not let that happen. With carefully planned food outings, the perfect encouragement and the gentle reminder that I can always do better than I think I'm capable of - I really want to begin this journey all over again. 

2017 has been so good to me. While I didn't put 100% effort into my blog, I focused more on my future and career goals. My proudest achievements have been finally completing my last semester of university, passing all my subjects and receiving that ready to graduate letter, and securing my first full-time job at an incredibly amazing company. 


I recently returned from a week in Hong Kong with my boyfriend. And I'd love to write more about that for us all later. But my biggest take away from HK was realising that I want 2018 to be all about balance. I've become a bit of a workaholic. I'm all about work and I've forgotten all about the other things that really and truly mattered to me. Time with family and friends, food, photography, reading, health, fitness, animals, fashion, beauty - all the other exciting and quirky things that made me the Kim Nguyen I was so keen to grow old with. 

So here's to those moments in life that make us step back, take a deep breath and appreciate how far we've come. To think about where we are and where we want to be. To give us the determination and drive to strive and persevere for more. Here's to the very first of my baby steps.

Thank you so much for everyone who has continued to follow me on both my personal journey and blog journey throughout the years. I hope you bring you guys some more exciting content soon enough! 


On another note, HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Love always,
Kim xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe